EFL TEACHER JOBS
Weymouth English Centre is a small, friendly, family-run school which was established in 2002. It is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK.
We run English language courses in Weymouth for young international students aged 13 to 17.
Our aim is to provide courses with quality lessons, accommodation, activities and care.We take care to build a friendly and supportive team where everyone has an important part to play. People often say that working at WEC is like being part of a family, which is exactly how we like to work!
We have EFL teacher jobs for all or part of the summer of 2023 from 2nd July to 12th August.
We are looking for qualified and experienced teachers who enjoy working with teenagers and are keen to provide interesting and motivating lessons which students love to attend.
We have a very supportive team of teachers who enjoy sharing their ideas and materials and we provide regular short workshops for teachers who want to further their skills.
Lessons are held on weekday mornings between 09.00 and 12.30 with breaks totalling 30 minutes each day.
Classes have a maximum of 15 students.
We have vacancies for teaching only as well as for teachers who wish to accompany the students on some of their freetime activities.
- a CELTA, Trinity TESOL or recognised equivalent and a degree
- experience of teaching English to foreign students of this age range
- a sound knowledge of grammar and the ability to teach it in an interesting way
- enthusiasm and ability to motivate young people
- the ability to lead, engage and look after a group of young people
- a professional manner
- good teamwork
- attention to detail
Self catering accommodation is provided with one of our homestays for any members of staff who are not local.
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in detail
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18
- a clean and up-to-date certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- all staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- any candidates with a non British passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
If you are interested in a teaching post and wish to apply, please:
- read the person specification
- read the job description
- read our safeguarding policy
- complete the online application
- provide contact details of two professional referees