Activity Leader / Student Welfare Support
We are looking for an Activity Leader / Student Welfare Support person to join our team for all or part of the summer of 2021 between 4th July and 14th August.
Are you an outward going, confident and fun-loving person who loves working with young people?
Activity Leaders at WEC look after our international teenage students during their busy programme of activities and excursions. Being an Activity Leader is a great opportunity to work as part of a professional and highly motivated team.
The Welfare Support person is responsible for the well-being of the students. This involves regular communication with them in order to be aware of any problems they may have and discussing these with the team to find solutions.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- to act as a group leader for private students
- to deal with student welfare issues and student questions
- to coordinate and act upon feedback from student reports
- to lead students on their programme of activities and excursions
- to meet and greet students at Heathrow
- to check staff documents
- excellent communication and organisation skills
- ability to work under pressure
- an interest in working with young people
- enthusiasm and ability to motivate students
- positive "can do" approach
- excellent time-keeping skills
- the ability to lead, engage and look after a group of young people
- a professional manner
- good teamwork
- attention to detail
- contact details of two referees who can vouch for the above in a professional capacity
Please see Person Specification for more details.
Starting rate: £8.50 per hour plus holiday pay. There will be a contract with holiday and sick pay.
Self-catering accommodation is provided with one of our homestays for any members of staff who are not local.
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in detail
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18
- a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- All staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- Any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
To apply for the Activity Leader / Student Welfare Support post, please