Senior Activity Leader
We are looking for a Senior Activity Leader to join our team for the summer of 2019 between 30th June and 10th August.
Being a Senior Activity Leader at WEC is an exciting and rewarding job. The main responsibilities of the job are:
- coordinating the programme of activities and trips
- ensuring that Activity Leaders are properly prepared
- managing the staff rota
- holding regular meetings / feedback sessions with the Activity Leaders and assessing their performance
- holding regular meetings for the foreign group leaders
- coordinating the testing and class allocation each Monday morning
- coordinating the student programme planning sessions
- keeping records of the accounts
- excellent communication and organisation skills
- ability to work under pressure
- an interest in working with young people
- enthusiasm and ability to motivate a team
- positive "can do" approach
- excellent time-keeping skills
- the ability to lead, engage and look after a group of young people
- a professional manner
- good teamwork
- attention to detail
- contact details of two referees who can vouch for the above in a professional capacity
Please see Person Specification for more details.
£400 per week plus holiday pay - 40 hours per week. There will be a contract with holiday and sick pay.
Self-catering accommodation is provided with one of our homestays for any members of staff who are not local.
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in detail
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18
- a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- All staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- Any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
To apply for a Senior Activity Leader post, please