Assistant Director of Studies Vacancy
We are looking for a qualified Assistant Director of Studies (ADOS) for our summer season in Weymouth from 30th June to 10th August.
The successful applicant will be well organised, enthusiastic and passionate about leading a team of teachers.
You will be responsible for running the academic side of the programme, ensuring the courses run professionally and efficiently.
Your duties will include:
- organising the testing, interviewing and placement of students on the first day of their course
- supporting and helping a team of teachers
- observing lessons and giving appraisals and constructive feedback
- teacher development by means of regular workshops
- a DELTA, Trinity Dip TESOL, MA in Linguistics or TESOL or recognised equivalent and a degree
- experience of teaching English to foreign students of this age range
- a native or near native level of English
- contact details of two recent, professional referees
Please see the Person Specification for more details.
Our 2019 season runs from 30th June to 10th August..
from £500 per week, depending on qualifications and experience, plus holiday pay
Self-catering accommodation is provided with one of our homestays for any members of staff who are not local.
To apply for this position, please
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in detail
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18
- a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- All staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- Any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK