Activity Leader Summer Jobs at WEC
We are looking for an Activity Leader to join our team from 27th June to 10th August.
Being an Activity Leader at WEC is an exciting and rewarding job. Among other things it involves meeting our students at Heathrow and bringing them to Weymouth, accompanying them on their busy programme of activities, ensuring that they are safe and dealing with any problems they may have.
- an interest in working with young people
- an outgoing and bubbly personality; happy to present talent shows etc.
- enthusiasm and ability to motivate young people
- the ability to lead, engage and look after a group of young people
- a professional manner
- good teamwork
- attention to detail
- contact details of two referees who can vouch for the above in a professional capacity
Please see Person Specification for more details.
Starting rate £8.25 per hour plus holiday pay. This rate will go up after two successful early assessments. The final number of hours will be agreed but will be between 30 and 40 per week. There will be a contract with holiday and sick pay.
Self-catering accommodation is provided with one of our homestays for any members of staff who are not local.
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in detail
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18
- a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- All staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- Any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
To apply for an Activity Leader post, please